Welcome to Thomas Cook’s ‘Enchanting East Europe’ Tour. Arrive into Berlin, the German capital –one of Europe’s most bustling cities.
- Today, you embark on a spectacular tour of Enchanting East Europe as you board your flight to Berlin – the German capital. On arrival proceed to your conveniently located hotel on your own. Check in post 1400 hrs. ( Please reconfirm with your travel agent for exact timings and details about your tour, hotels and meeting place with the tour manager). Tonight, enjoy a delicious Indian dinner at a local restaurant.Overnight at Hotel Berlin Berlin / Titanium or similar, in Berlin.
Explore the city of Berlin on your guided tour.
- After a buffet breakfast this morning you will be accompanied by an experienced English speaking guide for an insight into the history of this once divided city. See the places where Adolf Hitler rose to power and conducted his World War II campaigns against the allied forces. Berlin, the city where the Soviet East met the Capitalist West during the cold war. This is where Sir Winston Churchill coined the phrase “Iron Curtain” to describe the division of Europe. Today you see the famous Berlin Wall that divided the city till reunification in 1990. Once seen as a symbol of inhumanity, today it is seen as a symbol of peace. Stop at the Brandenburg Gate in Pariser Platz. This is the most important classical monument in Germany. Built in the 18th century, this symbol of the city was also for a long time a symbol of the partition of Germany. Next, we take you to see the Reichstag – the German Parliament Building. This 19th century building boasts of a 21st century glass and steel cupola. Visit Alexander Platz, the city centre where you will see the World Time Clock.. This afternoon, enjoy Indian lunch at an Indian restaurant. Later, you have some free time to stroll around and explore the city. Tonight enjoy a delicious Indian dinner.Overnight at Hotel Berlin Berlin / Titanium or similar, in Berlin.
Orientation tour of Dresden. Onto Prague.
- After a buffet breakfast , sit back in your coach and drive to Dresden. Dresden is the capital city of the Free State of Saxony in Germany. It is situated in a valley on the River Elbe, near the Czech border. Upon arrival proceed for an orientation tour of this picturesque city. Enroute Indian lunch will be provided. Later proceed to Prague – the colorful capital of the Czech Republic. A city of hundred spires, built at the meandering Vltava River which for centuries has been quickening the heartbeats of poets, painters and photographers. Tonight after check-in to your hotel, enjoy a sumptuous Indian dinner at an Indian restaurant.Overnight at Hotel Panorama / Clarion or similar, in Prague.
Enjoy a guided tour of the majestic medieval city of Prague. Visit the Prague Castle from inside.
- After a buffet breakfast, meet your English speaking local guide who will take you to visit the dominating and imposing Prague Castle from inside. We take a walk through the castle‟s many courtyards before visiting the gothic St. Vitus Cathedral, the main church of the castle. Next, visit the Royal Palace which was the seat of the princes and later kings of Bohemia until the 16th century. Catch your breath and look around this majestic city from a panoramic point on the castle gallery. Next, visit the Old Town Square for a touch of real European experience. This city of artistic styles has the popular Town Hall, an astronomical clock, the famous Charles Bridge – the most picturesque of the 18 bridges in Prague. The ambience of this busy old city centre will leave you amazed as your steps lead you to the royal road of the Bohemian kings on their way to their coronation. Today enjoy a hot Indian lunch. Later, you have some free time to stroll around the old town. This evening enjoy a delicious Indian dinner.Overnight at Hotel Panorama / Clarion or similar, in Prague.
Guided City tour of Cesky Krumlov. Visit Mondee Catheral.
- After a buffet breakfast, check out of your hotel, sit back and relax in your coach as we proceed Cesky Krumlov located in Southern Bohemia in the Czech Republic. The town’s appearance is little changed since the 18th century and the buildings have been well maintained and restored. In 1992 Cesky Krumlov was added to the UNESCO World Heritage List. Stroll through the narrow cobblestone streets of the Old Town, you will be enchanted by the atmosphere, surrounded by more than 300 well-preserved historical buildings on a Guided City tour. Today enjoy a hot Indian lunch at a restaurant. Later we proceed to Salzburg to visit and the Mondsee Cathedral where Maria and the Baron got married. This evening enjoy a hot Indian dinner at a restaurant before we head to the hotel.Overnight at Hotel Austria Trend Europa or similar in Salzburg
Guided city tour of Salzburg. Visit the salt mines in Hallein. On to Vienna – the Austrian capital
- This morning after a continental buffet breakfast at the hotel, proceed to Salzburg city tour, meet your experienced local guide who will explain the impact of this beautiful city of Mozart. Visit the splendid Mirabell Gardens, laid out in the 18th century and also where Maria and the children were seen singing the unforgettable Do Re Mi dancing around the statue of Pegasus, the winged horse. See the Trapp family home, the Leopoldskron Lake.Sing along as you fall in love with this picturesque city Enjoy hot Indian lunch at a restaurant. We later proceed to the town of Hallein. Here we visit the famous salt mine. The Hallein Salt Mine, also known as Salzbergwerk Dürrnberg, is an underground salt mine located in the Dürrnberg plateau above Hallein, Austria. The mine has been worked for over 7,000 years since the time of the Celtic tribes and earlier. Then sit back and relax in your coach as we proceed to the meticulous city of Vienna – the Austrian capital. Vienna‟s historical architecture concentrated on the inner city has been largely preserved and skilfully restored.
Tonight enjoy a delicious Indian dinner before you check-in to your hotel.Overnight at NH or similar in Vienna
Guided City tour of Vienna. Marvel at the architectural wonders, palaces and gardens galore on your Guided City tour. Visit to the magnificent Schoenbrunn Palace included. Onto Budapest – Drive through rolling hills and vineyards into enchanting Hungary.
- After a buffet breakfast, meet your experienced local guide for a fantastic city tour of Vienna. Pass the magnificent Opera House. See the Rathaus, St. Stephen‟s Church and many more interesting monuments. The grandeur of this city comes alive as you pass by the Hofburg and Belvedere Palaces. Next we proceed to visit the most famous Schoenbrunn Palace – a visitor‟s delight. This palace is one of the most important cultural monument in Austria and a UNESCO world cultural heritage site. Enjoy hot Indian lunch at an Indian restaurant. Later, sit back and relax in your coach as we drive through beautiful green hills adorned with picturesque villages and vineyards as you cross over into beautiful Hungary. Tonight enjoy a delicious hot Indian dinner and check into your hotel.Overnight at Hotel Mercure / Danubius / Novotel or similar in Budapest.
Budapest guided city tour. Hungarian Horsemanship show.Enjoy an evening cruise with Gala Dinner on River Danube in Budapest.
- After a buffet breakfast, we proceed on a tour of this vibrant city with an experienced local guide. Visit the Fisherman‟s Bastion in the “Old Town”. See the statue of St. Stephen on horseback and experience the domination of the seven turrets. Visit the enormous Heroes Square filled with history. We also see the beautiful Chain Bridge that connects the cities of Buda and Pest. With over 1,000 years of history this city is full of surprises. Enjoy these special sights and many more on your guided tour. Later get thrilled by a show of Hungarian Horsemanship. Being a popular sport these trained horses and their masters will leave you awestruck with an amazing display of skill and bravery. Today you will enjoy a local meal for lunch. This evening, enjoy the sights of Budapest on the Danube river cruise where you will see the Palace in Buda castle, the Chain bridge and the Parliament building lined on the Danube embankment and enjoy a delicious Gala dinner on board cruise. Later drive back to your hotel.Overnight at Hotel Mercure / Danubius / Novotel or similar in Budapest.
Fly back home.
- After a buffet/boxed breakfast, we check out and proceed to the airport (on your own) for your flight back home. Arrive home with pleasant memories of your European tour, which we are sure you will treasure for a lifetime. Do spare a few minutes to fill in the feedback form and hand it to your Tour Manager. Your valued suggestions will be most appreciated.
PRE/POST-TOUR ACCOMMODATION IN BERLIN/BUDAPEST
(Includes accommodation per person per night and Continental breakfast. Does not include transfers.)
|PER ADULT IN TWIN/TRIPLE
|A PER ADULT IN A SINGLE
||CHILD UNDER 12 YEARS W/O BED
WHAT YOUR TOUR PRICE DOES NOT INCLUDE:
- Airfare, Visa and Medical Insurance.
- Arrival and Departure Transfers.
- No porterage included.
- Taxes as applicable are extra.
- The tour cost does not include POE charges and passport charges.
- Any expenses of personal nature such as porterage, laundry expenses, wines, mineral water, food and drink not in the regular menu provided by us, minibar, telephone calls etc.
- Tips of any nature i.e. drivers, guides, etc.
- Meals other than that what is mentioned in your itinerary.
- Cost of excursions, city sightseeing, entrance fees and local guides availed of by the passengers, other than that mentioned in „What your tour price includes‟.
POINTS TO BE NOTED
- Passengers joining this tour must travel to / from the hub city at their own expense.
- Indian Lunches and Dinners and local meals are pre set and a-la carte is not possible.
- Breakfast will be buffet which includes tea, coffee, cereal, juice, bread, butter, hot eggs and fruits.
- Indian lunches are vegetarian lunches.
- Any damages caused to the hotel rooms / Coach during your stay, shall be payable by the passengers. Thomas Cook will not be liable for the same.
- The company shall not accept any liability or responsibility for any damages, loss, baggage loss, injury, accident, death, breakdown or irregularity, which may occur in carrying out the tour arrangement, weather conditions, strikes, war, quarantine and any other cause whatsoever and all such loss or expense must be borne by the passengers. Insurance policies must be carried while on tour.
- The management reserves the right to claim any additional expenses incurred due to delay or changes in schedules of train, aeroplane, bus, ship or other services.
- Due to private coaches being forbidden inside the cities most of your sightseeing will be done by local buses and by foot. The tour manager and the driver will do their best to get you as close to the monuments as possible.
- Due to Trade Fairs and conventions in the cities, it is possible that the hotel accommodation provided would be outside the city. The same will be informed in advance.
- Due to major international events and trade fairs throughout Europe such as the Olympics games, Air Show, World Athletic Meet, the Motor Show, Ice Skating Championships etc, the hotels may be blocked out more than two years in advance. In view of this, you may have to stay in hotels further away from the cities and the itineraries may have to be altered / amended.
- We also reserve the right to substitute a hotel of similar class if it is deemed advisable or necessary.
- The Tour Manager reserves the right to amend the itinerary.
- We reserve the right to amend, alter, vary or withdraw any particular departure, excursion advertised.
- For the convenience of our passengers, we will sometimes amend the itinerary. However all the services will remain the same.
- There are no refunds for any services i.e. meals, sightseeing etc. not utilized on your tour.
- A local representative or a driver may only be there to assist you during your initial part of the tour.
- In case you decide to change the date of your return reservation once confirmed the exact amount payable to the airline will be advised once the same is confirmed.
- Taxes as applicable.
- Tours operated are subject to RBI/GOI regulations. Part of the tour cost will be paid in EURO out of your BTQ at prevailing rate of exchange.
- Please refer to the Booking Form for detailed „Terms and Conditions‟.