Welcome to Thomas Cook’s ‘Scandinavia with Enchanting East Europe’ Tour. Arrive into Helsinki – the city of four seasons.
- Today, you embark on a spectacular tour of Scandinavia and East Europe as you board your flight to the Finnish Capital, Helsinki. On arrival into Helsinki proceed to your conveniently located hotel on your own. Check in post 1400 hrs. ( Please reconfirm with your travel agent for exact timings and details about your tour, hotels and meeting place with the tour manager). Later, you have some free time to explore this modern European cultural city whose urban cosmopolitan lifestyle exists in perfect harmony with nature and is surrounded by the sea and its own exotic archipelago. Tonight, enjoy a delicious Indian dinner at a local restaurant.Overnight at hotel Scandic or similar in Helsinki.
Onto Tallinn. Day Excursion to Tallinn, Estonia’s capital
- After a Scandinavian breakfast at your hotel, proceed for a day trip to Tallinn, Estonia‟s capital on the Baltic Sea, is the country‟s cultural hub. While the old town has been astonishingly well preserved and was inscribed on the UNESCO World Heritage List in 1997, it is now in better shape than ever. Indian lunch will be provided. This magnificent city, the old town and admire the 14th and 15th century architecture with its medieval buildings, spires and narrow, twisting streets. The Estonian maritime city of Tallinn has influences from Germany, Russia, Scandinavia and Italy. Tallinn‟s calendar is lively with festivals of music, film, art, theatre, culture and food as well
as sea-faring festivals, Opera Festival and the Tallinn Marathon. Tonight, enjoy a delicious Indian dinner at a restaurant. Later back to the hotel.Overnight at hotel Scandic or similar in Helsinki.
Enjoy a guided tour of Helsinki. Board the luxurious cruise and sail into the Swedish capital, Stockholm.
- After a Scandinavian breakfast at your hotel, proceed on a tour of this city with an experienced English-speaking local guide. Enjoy the sights of this beautiful city that range from neoclassical to the modern. See the Senate Square, the Lutheran Tempelliauki Church or „Rocky church of Helsinki‟, which is quarried out of natural bedrock, the Uspenski
Cathedral, the marvelous Sibelius Park, the Presidential Palace, Finland Hall, Opera House and many more interesting sights. Next visit Porvoo, the second oldest city in Finland. Porvoo is a lovely preserved medieval city with old cobblestone streets and red colored warehouses that stretch out along the Porvoo River. This afternoon, enjoy Indian lunch. Later, board the luxurious cruise for a fascinating voyage across the Baltic Sea and through the Swedish archipelago to Stockholm. Tonight, enjoy a Grand Viking buffet dinner on board the cruise. After dinner, you can dance the night away in the nightclub, linger in the various shops, or enjoy the scenery, as we cruise to Stockholm in style.Overnight on board Silja / Viking Cruise liner.
Arrive into Stockholm – the fashionable Swedish capital. Enjoy a guided tour of this scenic city with a visit to the Vasa Ship Museum included.
- After a Scandinavian breakfast on board the cruise, disembark at the picturesque city of Stockholm often called „Beauty on Water‟, situated on an archipelago of 14 islands between Lake Mälaren and the Baltic Sea. Next, proceed for a tour of the Swedish capital accompanied by an experienced local English speaking guide. See the glamorous City Hall, an impressive building, both in terms of architecture and artistic embellishments, where every year the Nobel Prize banquette takes place, the Royal Palace and the Cathedral. Visit the Old Town, renowned for its picturesque narrow alleys that date from the middle ages. Next visit the famous Vasa Museum, housing the majestic 17th century royal warship Vasa, which sank on her maiden voyage in 1628 and was salvaged in 1961. Today, enjoy an Indian lunch at a local restaurant. After lunch you have some free time to enjoy this beautiful city on your own. Later this evening, enjoy a sumptuous Indian dinner at a local restaurant.Overnight at Hotel Quality / Scandic or similar in Stockholm.
Norway – The land of serene fjords. Onto Oslo – The Viking capital. En route visit Karlstad, one of Sweden’s loveliest lakeside towns.
- After a Scandinavian breakfast, sit back and relax in your coach, as we drive to Oslo – the Viking capital where fjords and mountains meet. Enroute, visit the town of Karlstad, situated between the cities of Stockholm and Oslo. Lying on the northern shores of Lake Vanern this town which is bisected by the Klaralven River, provides visitors with an opportunity to completely soak in its splendid beauty. This afternoon, Indian lunch will be provided. On arrival into Oslo, check in and relax in the comforts of your hotel. Tonight, a hot Indian dinner awaits you at a restaurant.Overnight at Hotel Scandic / Quality / Radisson or similar in Oslo.
City tour of Oslo – the home of Nobel Peace Prize Ceremony.
- After a Scandinavian breakfast, proceed for a tour of this marvelous city with an experienced English speaking local guide. See the Town House, the House of Parliament, the Royal Palace and the majestic Akershus fortress. Visit the magnificent and unique Vigeland Sculpture Park, the highlight of your city tour and Karl Johan street.
Later, we visit the Viking Ship Museum, where you can see remarkably preserved Viking Ships. This museum offers a wide collection of artifacts from the Viking Period. Norway is often called the „Cradle of Skiing‟ which you will encounter when you visit the Hollmenkollen Ski Jump area, to admire the dizzying panorama. Enjoy these special sights and many more on your guided tour. This afternoon, enjoy an Indian lunch. This evening is free to explore the city of Oslo on your own. Tonight, enjoy a sumptuous Indian dinner at a local restaurant.Overnight at Hotel Scandic / Quality / Radisson or similar in Oslo.
A day full of fun, adventure and ever changing beautiful scenery as we take you on Norway’s most famous trips – ‘Norway in a Nutshell’. Be dazzled by the spectacular scenery and panoramic views of the snow-capped fjords, cascading waterfalls and green foliage as you travel to Bergen through the beautiful landscapes of Western Norway and the fjords region by rail, boat and bus.
- Today, after a Scandinavian breakfast get ready to travel on one of Norway‟s most popular trips „Norway in a nutshell‟. A combination of spectacular train rides and impressive trips by boat and bus. Be spellbound as you travel through some of the most magnificent scenery in Fjord Norway. Indian lunch will be provided. You will be first transferred to the station to board your scenic train to Myrdal, where you change to the Flam railway line, a masterpiece of engineering set in wild and wonderful scenery to travel to Flam. Feast your eyes on the ever-changing panorama of huge mountains and thundering waterfalls as the train glides through tunnels and open stretches on its way down to wild Flam valley. Wander around the idyllic countryside, before embarking on an enchanting boat ride through the spectacular fjords. Be amazed with the splendid scenery as the boat takes you from Aurlandsfjord into the Naeroyfjord, one of the narrowest fjord in Europe, surrounded by mighty mountains of upto 1800 meters. On arrival at scenic Gudvangen, board your coach as you travel through the impressive Norwegian landscape to Bergen. Pass charming villages before arriving into Bergen, „the Gateway to the Fjords‟. A hearty Indian dinner awaits you at a local restaurant before you check in to your hotel.Overnight at Hotel Thon / Quality or similar in Bergen.
Discover Bergen on a guided tour. Ride the Funicular for spectacular views.
- This morning, after a Scandinavian breakfast, be accompanied by an experienced English-speaking local guide
for your city tour of Bergen. Bergen is an international town with small-town charm and atmosphere, surrounded by seven rounded, lush mountains. The Hanseatic wharf Bryggen with its pastel-color wooden houses, winding cobblestone streets, and Old Bergen are just a few of the many attractions that make Bergen a real place of enchantment. Visit the harbor, the fish market; see St. Mary‟s church from the 12th century and one of the most outstanding Romanesque churches in the country. Next, take a fun filled ride on the Funicular train, to the top of the mountain and enjoy the panoramic and uninterrupted views of the city and its surroundings. Here, you will also have a chance to shop at the many exciting outlets. Indian lunch will be provided. Later, this evening proceed to the airport to catch your flight for Copenhagen. Arrive Copenhagen and check–in to the hotel. Next enjoy a delicious Indian dinner at a local restaurant.Overnight at Hotel First / Scandic / Comfort or similar in Copenhagen.
Enjoy a guided city tour of Copenhagen. Visit one of the most famous Danish beer brands – Carlsberg Brewery.Visit the famous Tivoli Gardens.
- After a Scandinavian breakfast, proceed with your English-speaking local guide for a tour of Scandinavia‟s largest and liveliest metropolis. See the City Hall, the Parliament building, the Amalienborg Palace, which is the home of the royal family, the Stock Exchange, Gefion fountain, Little Mermaid and many other interesting sights. Later we will visit one of the most famous Danish beer brands – Carlsberg Brewery. Here you will learn about the brewing process, see the collection of over 21,000 beer bottles from all over the world and visit the stables with the
“brewery horses”. Enjoy Indian Lunch. Later visit the famous Tivoli Gardens. Here you will have an opportunity to enjoy the various rides on your own. Later tonight, enjoy Indian dinner at a local restaurant.Overnight at Hotel First / Scandic / Comfort or similar in Copenhagen.
Fly home with wonderful memories.
- After a Scandinavian breakfast, we check out and proceed to the airport (on your own) for your flight back home. Arrive home with pleasant memories of your European tour, which we are sure you will treasure for a lifetime. Do spare a few minutes to fill in the feedback form and hand it to your Tour Manager. Your valued suggestions will be most appreciated.
PRE/POST-TOUR ACCOMMODATION IN BERLIN/BUDAPEST
(Includes accommodation per person per night and Continental breakfast. Does not include transfers.)
|PER ADULT IN TWIN/TRIPLE
|A PER ADULT IN A SINGLE
||CHILD UNDER 12 YEARS W/O BED
WHAT YOUR TOUR PRICE DOES NOT INCLUDE:
- Airfare, Visa and Medical Insurance.
- Arrival and Departure Transfers.
- No porterage included.
- Taxes as applicable are extra.
- The tour cost does not include POE charges and passport charges.
- Any expenses of personal nature such as porterage, laundry expenses, wines, mineral water, food and drink not in the regular menu provided by us, minibar, telephone calls etc.
- Tips of any nature i.e. drivers, guides, etc.
- Meals other than that what is mentioned in your itinerary.
- Cost of excursions, city sightseeing, entrance fees and local guides availed of by the passengers, other than that mentioned in “What your tour price includes‟
POINTS TO BE NOTED
- Passengers joining this tour must travel to / from the hub city at their own expense.
- Indian Lunches and Dinners and local meals are pre set and a-la carte is not possible.
- Breakfast will be buffet which includes tea, coffee, cereal, juice, bread, butter, hot eggs and fruits.
- Indian lunches are vegetarian lunches.
- Any damages caused to the hotel rooms / Coach during your stay, shall be payable by the passengers. Thomas Cook will not be liable for the same.
- The company shall not accept any liability or responsibility for any damages, loss, baggage loss, injury, accident, death, breakdown or irregularity, which may occur in carrying out the tour arrangement, weather conditions, strikes, war, quarantine and any other cause whatsoever and all such loss or expense must be borne by the passengers. Insurance policies must be carried while on tour.
- The management reserves the right to claim any additional expenses incurred due to delay or changes in schedules of train, aeroplane, bus, ship or other services.
- Due to private coaches being forbidden inside the cities most of your sightseeing will be done by local buses and by foot. The tour manager and the driver will do their best to get you as close to the monuments as possible.
- Due to major international events and trade fairs throughout Europe such as the Olympics games, Air Show, World Athletic Meet, the Motor Show, Ice Skating Championships etc, the hotels may be blocked out more than two years in advance. In view of this, you may have to stay in hotels further away from the cities and the itineraries may have to be altered / amended.
- We also reserve the right to substitute a hotel of similar class if it is deemed advisable or necessary.
- The Tour Manager reserves the right to amend the itinerary.
- We reserve the right to amend, alter, vary or withdraw any particular departure, excursion advertised.
- For the convenience of our passengers, we will sometimes amend the itinerary. However all the services will remain the same.
- There are no refunds for any services i.e. meals, sightseeing etc. not utilized on your tour.
- A local representative or a driver may only be there to assist you during your initial part of the tour.
- In case you decide to change the date of your return reservation once confirmed the exact amount payable to the airline will be advised once the same is confirmed.
- Taxes as applicable.
- Tours operated are subject to RBI/GOI regulations. Part of the tour cost will be paid in EURO out of your BTQ at prevailing rate of exchange.
- Please refer to the Booking Form for detailed „Terms and Conditions‟.